Listen to RWF 11: LILO, One Amazing Lady
Bills very special guest this week is a truly extraordinary woman! Ljiljana (Lilo) Ljubisic www.liloinspires.com is a 5 time Paralympic champion with an amazing story.
Lilo has represented Canada on the international athletic stage since 1984 with an unprecedented 19 podium finishs!
An amazing athlete undoubtedly, but Lilo is so much more.
Some of the highlights of our conversation include:
- Growing up in an athletic family
- Discovering Goalball
- Vollyball and basketball Lilo style
- How Lilo found me
- 26 years of pure hell
- Strength training for women
- The best addiction you could possibly have
- Good nutrition is a must
- The athletes advocate
- CHOICE – COMMITMENT – COURAGE
Some of Lilo’s acalades:
- 2012 Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Award recipient
- 2011 Canadian Paralympic Committee Sport Hall of Fame inductee
- 2010 Coquitlam Sport Hall of Fame inductee
- 2007 “Juan Antonio Samaranch IOC President’s Athlete Award”.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 for 2007.
- 2004 presented the Isabel Ferrer prize by the European commission.
- Named to Canada’s Top 20 most influential women in Sport 2003-2007
- 2005 Athletes CAN Leadership Award.
To submit questions to Bill Kociaba, drop him a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit his site at kociaba-fitness.com. Or, feel free to leave your comment below. You may also use your iBlink Radio app to leave an iReport.