This week’s show focuses on nutrition. In response to numerous readers’ questions on such topics as food allergies and elimination diets I brought in my good friend Brooks Kubik to discuss some of his personal research.
Brooks Kubik www.brookskubik.com is one of the most prolific authors in Physical Culture.
Brooks has been training for over 45 years and has demonstrated time and again, by using his own body that his training and nutrition methods work! Brooks is a multi-time state and regional powerlifting champion and has set over a dozen national and world records in the bench press. All as a drug tested athlete!
Brooks has also authored numerous articles featured in many of the industry’s leading publications. He has two dozen books, courses and DVDs to his credit. Brooks and his beautiful wife, Trudi live in Louisville, Kentucky, where they promote sustainable living practices, enjoy a healthy, super-nutritious, all-natural diet, (much of which they grow themselves) and together they run the Dinosaur operation.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- Adkins before Adkins
- Cancer is a disease of civilization
- Forgotten nutritional research
- It was good for you, it was bad for you, and it’s good for you again
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Hidden allergies and elimination diets
- Mental illness and food sensitivities
- Organic food…nothing new
- Not everything has to be organic
- It’s not that much more expensive
- Its only expensive if you buy from “big organic”
- Support local farmers and growers
To submit questions to Bill Kociaba, drop him a note at email@example.com. You can also visit his site at kociaba-fitness.com. Or, feel free to leave your comment below. You may also use your iBlink Radio app to leave an iReport.